PA Act 15 Clearances
Effective July 1, 2015, adults 18 years or older are required to obtain and submit three clearances prior to attending meetings, outings, other regular activities, and transporting youth scouts, other than their own.
A memo from the Susquehanna Council regarding the act, procedure, and a copy of the affidavit are available below. It is important to read the memo in its entirety, however we have highlighted the key points below.
- Effective July 25, 2015, the Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Report and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance are FREE for volunteers.
- All volunteers who have direct contact with youth under 18 years of age need to provide three clearances to the troop. This includes parents who volunteer to transport scouts to an outing and participate or are present during meetings and events. We are recommending all parents to obtain the clearances.
- Clearances are required starting July 1, 2015 for our troop because we are sponsored by a United Methodist Church.
- For volunteers who have lived in Pennsylvania for 10 or more years, you can complete an affidavit (included) that needs to be notarized in lieu of the FBI fingerprint based federal history check.
- Beginning July 1, 2015 all adult applications for membership must include the three clearances.